Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2021

reading activities


 Interesting Fact


Explain the most interesting thing you learned from the reading and why it stood out for you.

  • That cricket is sometimes dangerous

  •  Hockley’s Career statistics

Matches 19 118

Runs scored 1301 4064

Batting average 52.04 41.89

100s/50s 4/7 4/34

Top score 126* 117

Wickets 5 20

Bowling average 29.20 42.65

Best bowling 2/9 3/49


What I Learned

What are two new pieces of information that you learned from the text?

  • you have to do test’s


Summery

  • New Zealand played its first

international cricket test match

in 1930. Since then, we have

introduced many fine cricketers to

the world. Some have been tough,

dogged players who could dig in for

a long innings to save a test match.

Others have been natural athletes

fiery bowlers, acrobatic fielders,

wily spinners – winning games

single-handedly with their skills.

But a few players have done

more than excite the current

crowd. Their feats have been so

great, their ability so spectacular,

that they have become lasting

champions – legends of the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.