Pages

Thursday 29 October 2020

surface feature fix

Hello my great readers,

We are learning how to fix surface features, surface features are punctuation, spelling and repeated words. This week Mrs T told us to fix some sentences.
Here is an example : thissentsaChulymakessen Zbuttisrellyhrd to reed
Translation : This sentence actually makes sense but is really hard to read.
It doesn't have surface features

On our room 9 writing site our teacher put on a link to a story we needed to fix. We made our own copy. We had to read it once and find the end of the sentence.We would put capital letters after full stops. We changed the sentence after a new idea.

Then we had to read it again and highlight all the repeating words. It sounds better if its not the same word over and over again. One of the words we highlighted was 'he'.

This is not my writing we had to fix it by changing the surface features here it is 

He kept absolutely still as the footsteps got louder he tried not to suffocate as he laid under the bed, he was wondering what had happened to his brother and his family. The man with the knife in his hand stormed around the house. 

Mum had boyfriends before but we had not thought that they would ever find us. maybe he was one of them looking for revenge, but why would he come? Mum would just move, how did he find us? We live on the other side of the planet from where all of mum’s boyfriends were so how could he find us? He might have put a tracker on mum when he last saw her or on one of the devices.

“Hello where are you? I know you're here, you're going to tell me where your mother is or you shall join your father in the skies. so which will it be, death or freedom, you have ten seconds, so choose wisely.”


Thank you for reading this post feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sean.
    I have seen other posts and they have highlighted words.Have you corrected this work a different way?.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.